What items do you REALLY need to have in your wardrobe? I’m going to give you a list of the very bare basics, but with which you can create a surprisingly huge amount of different outfits.
1. Tailored black pants.
2. Light coloured trousers.
3. Dark denim jeans.
4. Tailored black skirt.
5. Casual skirt.
7. Basic scoop neck tee with either 3/4 or full sleeves in black, and also in colour.
8. Tank Tops or short sleeve tee shirts, in black and white. Choose wide straps.
9. One or two blouses or tops in current seasons colours.
10. Blazer or jacket in black or beige (Getting one in each colour will extend your wardrobe considerably)
11. Black cardigan
12. The little black dress. Choose one that can be dressed up for evening wear, and dressed down for office wear.
13. Casual day dress.
16 Casual lighter weight jacket eg denim
17. Shoes – 1 pair black patent leather pumps, 1 pair black strappy heels, one pair dressy flat sandals, one pair ballet flats,one pair nude heels and one pair knee high black boots.
18. Black handbag or tote.
19. Nude handbag or tote.
20. Black Clutch.
With these twenty items in your wardrobe, you’ll be able to create hundreds of different outfits to wear, for all occasions. You can then add in accessories, such as costume jewellery and scarves, and seasonal pieces to complement and further extend your basics wardrobe.
I am available for Personal Style workshops, public speaking, wardrobe and colour consultations and personal shopping styling sessions, based in Perth, Western Australia.