Did you know that most women wear only 20 percent of their wardrobe 80 percent of the time? That means that four out of five garments taking up space in your wardrobe only get worn very occasionally – if at all! And that’s criminal!
If you have a wardrobe that is bursting at the seams, I know the chances are that you will be having trouble finding something to wear.
Yes, the more clothes you have in your wardrobe, the harder you will find it to put outfits together.
This is because you are guilty of the following closet crimes:
1. There is clothing in your wardrobe that doesn’t fit anymore. I don’t care what you paid for it, how many times you’ve sworn you’ll lose weight and get into it again etc. etc. It does not belong in your wardrobe anymore.
2. There is clothing in your wardrobe that you haven’t worn in years. See above.
3. There is clothing in your wardrobe that no longer suits your lifestyle. If you’ve gone from being a high flying corporate business woman to fully retired you no longer need all those business suits. Keep one and move the rest out.
4. There are brand new items in your wardrobe. Never worn. With tags on. Usually bought on a whim, or on sale. If you can’t work out why you haven’t worn them, and you have a lot, you will benefit financially from having a session with me, an experienced and professionally trained Personal Stylist.
5. You have other things in your wardrobe. A wardrobe is for what you wear. Clothes, shoes and accessories. Nothing else.
If you are guilty as charged of the above, here is a link to my step-by-step guide to cleaning out your closet.
And if that’s still too hard, you can always book me for a wardrobe audit .
If you would like to know more, follow me on Facebook or contact me via my website.
I am available for workshops, public speaking, wardrobe audits and personal shopping styling sessions, based in Perth, Western Australia.