Expectant mothers glow. It’s such a special time in a woman’s life and it shows in their skin, clear eyes and hair.
With these few tips on what to wear, you can dress to show off your baby bump in the most flattering and stylish way, and avoid feeling like a bit of a frump…..
1. Belt Up! A belt emphasizes where the belly starts, and gives you some shape.
2. Skirts are cool, comfortable and cute!
3. Wear one colour from top to bottom, to create a column.
4. Layer with thin fabrics.
5. Work the midi dress.
6. Choose tonal block colours over big, busy prints to streamline your figure, making it appear longer and leaner.
7. Trade heels for flats, platforms or wedges, especially in the third trimester, when your bump may upset your balance.
Here’s a few things to avoid….
1. Bulky fabrics.
2. Tops that are too short in the front.
3. Tight bras, panties and waistbands.
4. Shoes with ankle straps, if your feet swell.
5. Overly baggy pants – they might be comfortable but can give the illusions that you are bigger than you really are.
I am available for Personal Style workshops, public speaking, wardrobe and colour consultations and personal shopping styling sessions, based in Perth, Western Australia.